Based on the recommendations of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, state and local health departments, and the CDC we have taken the following coronavirus precautions:
Mandatory Mask/Face covering
- You must wear a mask or an acceptable face covering in our offices. We have disposable masks available for your use if you do not have your own. We may also ask you to use our mask. Clarus Vision Clinic staff members and physicians will all be wearing masks.
Please enter the offices alone if possible
- Please do not arrive with unnecessary family members. If you have special needs, please ask us for assistance. If you have a driver please have them wait in the car until your appointment has ended.
- Our front desk staff will get you checked in for your appointment. Please be prepared to call 801-892-8222 for assistance with check-in. We may gather all information over the phone. Our goal is to limit the amount of time that you will need to be in our office and provide a smooth experience given the circumstances.
- In addition, you will be asked a series of questions related to your current health status with regard to the virus. Please realize these are important for keeping all safe. You may also receive a pre-screening call prior to your appointment.
- Please follow social distancing (6 feet) guidelines in the office waiting room and while checking in and out. You may also be asked to wait in the front reception area, in the back waiting area, or in your vehicle.
During your Exam
- Parts of your exam will be through an in-house video conference with technicians as well as physicians.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed on examination equipment and reception and technician areas to protect you during your eye exam.
- Please listen to the directions given to you by your physician.
Thank you for your cooperation during this difficult time. We will get through this together.